The Aboriginal Education Team at the Catholic Education Office of Western Australia offers Professional Learning workshops to staff in Catholic schools.
It is recommended that all schools and colleges do the one day Cultural Immersion Program (CIP) and that it is undertaken as a whole school staff. All schools, regardless of whether they have Aboriginal students are encouraged to do this.
Connecting the Dots is aimed at assisting teachers to integrate Aboriginal perspectives in the classroom.
Other Professional Development can be tailored to a school or teacher's particular needs in consultation with them. It can take the form of whole day, half day or staff meeting session. It can involve whole staff, Learning Area department or one-to-one with an individual teacher.
Popular Professional Learning sessions also include:
- GECKOS Program - Why, What, How and When
- Language the Fabric of Culture
- Easy ways to integrate Aboriginal perspectives into the curriculum
- The resources in your school collection and how to make best use of them
- How to use a particular resource like the Nidja Noongar Boodjar Noonook Nyininy kit (big box)
For further information contact:
Aboriginal Education Team, Catholic Education Office of WA. Ph: (08) 6380 5292
Last updated: 15/11/10